· Master of Arts in Art Therapy, University of Wisconsin, Superior, Wisconsin. 1990.
Master of Fine Arts in Visual Art, Columbia University, New York City. 1979.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sculpture and degree requirements in Philosophy, Stephens College, Columbia, Missouri.
· Art History Studies in England, France, Switzerland,
Italy and Spain, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN. 1973.
· Training in Sculpture and Drawing, the Boston Museum
School, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA. 1970-1973.
- Art Therapy Day, mini-workshop: Healing Children of Divorce and Separation through Creativity, Konstepidemin,
- De Pere Community Center, Healing Children through
Creativity Workshop, De Pere/Green Bay, WI
- McMenamin's Kennedy School,
Healing Children through Creativity Workshop, Portland, OR
- Seattle University,
Healing Children through Creativity Workshop, Seattle, WA
of Memphis, STEPS Suicide Prevention Program, Memphis, TN
- Olds, Alberta
Canada. Healing Children through Creativity Workshop.
- Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Canada. Healing Trauma through Creativity Workshop.
- Bildterapi Dagen, Art Therapy Day, University of Gothenburg, Konstepidemi, Gothenburg, Sweden
- NiARTe Bildterapi Institut, Art Therapy Assessment and Trauma Interventions, Brevens Bruk,
- McMenamins Kennedy School, Healing Children through Creativity
Workshop, Portland, Oregon.
- Seattle University, Healing Children
through Creativity Workshop, Seattle, Washington.
- University of Memphis,
STEPS Suicide Prevention Program, Art Therapeutic Interventions for Depression and Suicidality.
- Healing Children through Creativity Workshop, US Army Garrison Baden-Wurttemberg, Arts and Cultural Center, Heidelberg, Gernany.
- Children and Trauma, Workshop and Lecture, National Association of Art Therapists
in Sweden Annual Meeting, Akalla, Sweden.
- Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR. Healing Children through Creativity 2-day Workshop.
- Seattle University, Healing Children through Creativity 2-day Workshop.
- University of Memphis, Healing Children through Creativity 2-day Workshop.
- University of Memphis, Suicide Prevention Program STEPS. One day workshop on Art Therapy and Suicidality in College
- Wetaskiwin Public School System, Wetaskiwin, Alberta
- Seattle University, 2010
Brothers University, Memphis, 2010
- University of Memphis, 2010
- Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR, 2010
State University 13th Annual Early Head Start & Infant/ Toddler Conference,Vancouver
Hilton, Vancouver, WA 2010
- Adult Education Centre, Jyväskylä,
- Temple University, Fort Washington, PA, 2009
- Temple University - Harrisburg, PA, 2009
Higher Education Center, Roanoke, VA, 2009
- University of Tennessee -
- Portland State University 12th Annual Early
Head Start & Infant /Toddler Conference,Vancouver, WA. Summer 2009
- Suquamish Early
Learning Center, Suquamish, WA. Staff Training
Event, Summer 2009
Central Community College, Seattle, WA 2009
- Denali Towers North,
Anchorage, AK. 2009
- Portland State University, Conference Center, Portland,
- Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN. 2009
- 2008 Workshops:
- The Long Beach Museum of Art, Long Beach,CA
- The Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA. 2008
- Fresno Art Museum, Fresno, CA. 2008
Art Museum, Portland, OR. 2008
- Seattle Central Community College, Seattle,
- The Anchorage Museum, Anchorage, Alaska , 2008
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 2007
- The University of Georgia-Athens, Athens, GA, 2007
Through the Creative Spirit, Two, 3-day workshops, The Annex Art Space, Ester, Alaska, 2006
- My Life in Art and Art Therapy: 30 years in review, Östbyskolan, Lecture and Workshop, Lidköping, Sweden,
- Introduction to Art Therapy, University of Alaska-Fairbanks, a
graduate level course in the principles and practice of Art Therapy, 1999
Therapeutic Techniques and Assessment for Mental Health Providers: The Four Winds Foundation, Fairbanks, Alaska. 1997
- Art Therapy with Children of Alcoholics and Addicts, Various locations in the greater Chicago
area.1992, 1994, 1996
- Art Therapeutic Techniques and Assessments for
Mental Health Professionals: Greater Chicago area 1991-1996
through the Creative Spirit, Good Samaritan Hospital Center for Mental Health 1993 and 1994. Co-Founder with Rev. Jack
Evert. Downers Grove, Illinois.
|Catherine Rogers Jonsson
Catherine Rogers Jonsson is a registered/board certified art
therapist (ATR-BC) with the American Art Therapy Credentials Board and a credentialed professional member of the American
Art Therapy Association. She is a graduate of Columbia University in NYC (School of the Arts, MFA: Visual Art) and
the University of Wisconsin-Superior (MA: Art Therapy). Catherine has 20 years of clinical art therapy experience and offers a
mixture of creativity, humor, dynamic teaching and compassionate insights to her workshops.
founded the art therapy treatment services for the Children's Psychiatric Program (in-patient, aftercare and
day hospital), the Adult Day Treatment Program and the Adolescent and Geriatric Psychiatric Units of Good Samaritan
Hospital Center for Mental Health in Downers Grove, Illinois. In the greater Chicago area and in Alaska she established an art
psychotherapy private practice for children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disturbances.
Alaska, Catherine worked as an art psychotherapist for the Tanana Chiefs Conference Counseling Center with
Alaska Native children and adolescents. Her enduring passion and specialty is in the area of Child and Adolescent Art Therapy
in multi-cultural individual and group settings.
Catherine is also a professional artist based in Sweden
with numerous solo and group exhibitions to her credit in the US and Europe. Her paintings and drawings are concerned
with contemporary issues in spirituality and philosophy.
- American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
Certified and Registered Art Therapist - American Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB)
- SRBt - Svenska Riksförbundet för Bildterapeuter
(Swedish National Association for Art Therapists)
- SRUK - Svenska Riksförbundet för Uttryckande Konst (Swedish National Association for Expressive Art)
- KRO – National Artists Organization
- Save the
Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) - Great Britain
|Catherine Rogers Jonsson
|Aggetorp Farm, Lidköping Sweden
A few tips on enjoying the workshop...
Dress casually and comfortably. We will be using art materials
like paint and clay so bring an apron if you wish.
When you are finished with an art therapeutic exercise feel
free to walk around to see the art expressions of other participants. You'll be delighted, surprised and intrigued by what
We alternate between a power-point presentations
of clinical information, hands-on art therapeutic exercises and discussion of participants art works. There is a
rhythm established that makes the workshop a unique learning and sharing experience. Enjoy!
The workshop is dynamic and highly interactive. Group interaction is encouraged and questions are
taken at anytime. It is better to ask questions as they occur instead of waiting until breaks or lunch.
you are currently working with a child or adolescent who creates challenging art images Catherine is available
for a brief consultation during the workshop. Please contact her through email@example.com in advance to arrange a time.
Catherine will be available during
breaks, lunch or after the Workshop to speak with folks interested in art therapy education and the credential process
in becoming an Art Therapist.
Any questions or comments are very welcome. We want everyone to enjoy our
Visit Catherine's On-line Gallery at ARTMAJEUR